OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The Hill’s Pet #HillsforLife Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 8/24/2021 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on
9/19/21 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry. Employees of Hill’s Pet Nutrition,
Inc. (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses,
parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter via Instagram by posting
a photo or video of your cat or dog. Your post must also include the hashtags #HillsForLife, #Sweepstakes and @hillspet as a comment to be eligible (“Entry”). You must have a public (not private) Instagram
account and be a follower of the Hill’s Pet Nutrition (@hillspet) Instagram account. An Instagram account is required to enter and can be opened for free by downloading the Instagram application from the Apple store or Google
Play. Entries will not be judged.
Entry must comply with the following guidelines to be eligible:
- If you are featuring any person (other than yourself) in your Entry that you are posting, you must have their permission to be featured in the Entry. If the person is a minor, he/she must be your child/charge.
- It is your sole responsibility to make sure that any person depicted in the Entry (or the heirs/family members of any person depicted in the Entry if that person is deceased) and any professional photographer you have used for the Entry,
have provided express consent for the photo to be submitted in the Sweepstakes and that no copyrights are violated by posting the Entry.
- Entry may not have content where there is a result in any injury or bodily harm, or you are engaging in activity where there is a likelihood of injury or bodily harm.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene,
hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry must not contain criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to, child pornography, fraud, trafficking of obscene material, drug dealing, drug use, or gambling.
- Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable local, state, federal, or international laws and regulations.
- Entry must not feature beer, distilled spirits (i.e., hard liquor, malt beverages), tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco and snuff), fireworks, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal
drugs, drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries or gambling.
- Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Entry must not violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, logo, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable.
- Clothing worn in the Entry should not prominently feature any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials.
- Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
- Entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. The Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated
- Entrants and all submitted Entries may not reference any other company or entity or their products. Entries may not disparage, slander or libel persons or organizations or any other brands, companies, or individuals.
that violates any of the guidelines above or that is deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable material, in Sponsor’s sole discretion may be disqualified.
Limit one (1) Entry per person. All Entries must be received
by 5:00 p.m. ET on 9/19/2021 to be eligible. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different email addresses, accounts, mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries
and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate online is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal phone/Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by your online/phone
service may apply.
- Rights: Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting an Entry, each entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights
necessary from third parties to give such permission and grant the license herein described) to Sponsor and its licensees, sublicensees, successors, and assigns, the exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable,
sublicenseable right and license (including but not limited to, all intellectual property and proprietary rights including without limitation patents, trademarks, and copyrights) to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, manufacture, construct,
tailor, distribute, sell, offer to sell, import and/or otherwise exploit the Entry in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised (collectively, the “License”).
The rights granted pursuant to the License shall also include, without limitation, the right to: (a) change, alter, distort, edit or revise the Entry, or any part thereof; and (b) make derivative works based on the Entry, or any part
thereof. Entrant agrees to sign any documents required by Sponsor upon request (and without compensation) to confirm such License. Entrant further agrees that (a) Sponsor does not owe him/her a duty of confidence (or fiduciary duty
or the like) and that he/she has no expectation of privacy as to his/her Entry and (b) Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed
by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) his/her Entry and that Sponsor shall have no liability to entrant or any third party in
conjunction therewith. Sponsor grants to each qualified entrant a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable right to use its and/or its licensor's trademarks solely for purposes of and limited to their
Entry submitted in this Sweepstakes; such right and license will automatically expire without further act of any party at the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, unless specifically extended on an individual basis by Sponsor in writing
in its sole discretion. Any other use of Sponsor’s and/or its licensors’ trademarks will be a violation of Sponsor’s or its applicable licensors’ intellectual property rights.
- Random Drawing: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 9/21/2021 from among all eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., an independent
judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winners will be contacted via Instagram DM from the Hill’s Pet Instagram account (@HillsPet) with an email address each winner must contact within forty-eight (48) hours
or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Winners will then be required to sign and return, via email, a Declaration of Eligibility & Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release and Assignment
of Rights within three (3) days or prize will be forfeited. Return of any prize or notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate selection.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (5): A year’s supply of pet food awarded in the form of twelve (12) coupons valued at $71.99 each. The ARV of each Grand Prize: $863.88. No transfer,
substitution or cash equivalent for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, in such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winner
will be fulfilled, and no other or additional compensation will be provided. Coupon terms and conditions apply. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses
for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein
are the sole responsibility of winner.
- General rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other
statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are
not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by
the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the website or the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage
to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the website or Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email associated
with winner’s Instagram account will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the Entry. Proof of entering information via Instagram
does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) is not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems
or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website;
violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or
website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the prize winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant
agrees that Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members,
representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained
due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Governing Law: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Kansas, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to
exclusive personal jurisdiction in Kansas and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state or federal courts in Kansas. You agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with
the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards
shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages,
whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
- Winners: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with #HillForLife Sweepstakes Winners (11-2726-14) as the subject line. Requests must be received by September 30, 2021. Winners List
will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc., O. Box 148, Topeka, KS 66601.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
You understand that you are providing your information to Hills Pet Nutrition, Inc., and not to Instagram.